Monday, November 8, 2010

Stand Up In Crib


Yesterday at naptime, Emily was talking and talking but not talking herself to sleep like she does these days. Then, on the monitor, I saw her start to pull herself onto her knees in her crib by grabbing the crib slats. I grabbed my cell phone to take a picture and opened the door to find this - big smile and all. And I mean she was giggling she was so excited. After my heart started beating again, I called Marc (at work, in tech) for instructions about lowering the crib mattress.

This morning, she spent a good 45 minutes playing in there - which involved pulling up, teetering, falling down, bonking her head, pulling up...repeat...all with great joy. The world is a new place once again. This afternoon, Ms. Kristen reported that she wouldn't nap for hours - same scenario - except today she ended up with a red spot on her forehead. I imagined crawling but this is something else!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. She's off to the races! This is soo cool. We're all getting so ready and excited to see EM. (And you and Marc, of course.) Glad you got to see,hear, and share.

    ReplyDelete