Thursday, September 9, 2010

Playing with the Refrigerator Box

OK, we didn't get a new fridge and we don't have a big cardboard box that Emily likes more than any of her toys...but she does seem to find the tag on this playmat more interesting than anything else on the playmat. See short phone video.

Daycare Update, Week 4:
#1: We are thrilled with the day care. The teachers/supervisors have been consistent and communication has been excellent. On some days, different teachers have called throughout the day to talk through specifics about her care. Great! They send emails (you guessed it, from "The Penguin Room"). Great!
#2: As expected, naptime is a challenge. The issue is staying asleep. This kid needs to see everything that happens. The second something wakes her up - that' it - and so there are 15 minute naps on her report at the end of the day. Not Great.
#3: I love being back at work and my new schedule is working out wonderfully. I had, however, thought that I would be able to get work done at home while Emily was quietly playing. That was my thought when I was pregnant. It is not the case. My work at home is done early morning, at night, and during naptime (mine, not Em's).
#4: Marc is going into tech tomorrow. Wish us all luck. I am instituting a new 9pm bedtime (me, not Em), to prepare.

3 comments:

  1. Longer! Longer! Longer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, but if I do longer videos on the phone they just get stuck there...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad it's all going so well...except the sleeping. She'll get there!

    ReplyDelete