
Well, we've successfully returned to Chicago from our trip to California for Siri's memorial service. Despite the sad circumstances, it was great for Emily to get to meet all her West Coast peeps at only six weeks old. She's now spent almost 10% of her life as a California resident, so I'm sure Arnold will want a cut of whatever earnings she makes this year.
Emily was a trooper on the way out, snoozing quietly until we arrived in San Diego at 11am. She was so thrilled to be visiting an new place, she decided that she had to stay awake for the next 13 hours. Joy!
Shannon's brother Greg and his wife Tammy are clearly excited that we've taken the first grandchild pressure off them. We had a great time with them throughout the weekend, and they had a great time with Emily. So it worked out.
We were just as lucky on the return flight, with Emily zonked out for another 6 hours. Unfortunately, we arrived back in Chicago at 12:30am Sunday night/Monday morning, and at that point Emily was wide awake and ready to get a jump on the week. Someday we'll be back to more restful pictures like this one. I hope.
I promise, someday, I'll post about non-Emily things, like cooking. Or wine. Or sleeping. Really.


No comments:
Post a Comment